A blanket can come in a variety of sizes, shapes, colors, and can be made from a variety of different materials. Luxurious down throws, a smaller version of a blanket, can be thrown over your shoulders while walking around the house to keep you warm in a cold breeze, or a thick warm blanket is great to snuggle into on those extreme chilly winter nights. Either way, when you are choosing a blanket, you have many different options. There are many sizes to choose from when you are looking for a blanket. First figure out what size it is that is going to suit your needs and fit your bed. Is it just for personal lounging or is it for your bed?
Our luxurious twin sized blankets are perfect for kids or single adults with bedroom space constraints. Full and queen size luxury blankets are usually perfect for a single grown adult, or a couple with a smaller bedroom. King size blankets are extremely wide for the luxurious king size treatment and usually longer in width than a queen size. In general, the small luxury throw is used to cover up a single person and is perfect for cuddling on the couch for movie night. Throws can also be used as a comforter for toddler.
Now that you have an understanding for the different sizes, you can decide which one is the perfect size for you. After you have that ready, the next step is to find the perfect fabric that meets your needs. You want to be careful if you have allergies to wool or natural fills. If you do, then a blanket with synthetic fibers may be a good substitute.
- Fleece: You can usually tell fleece apart from the rest due to its thick and warm qualities. It is usually made out of cotton, but you can find them in wool and silk as well for that luxurious factor.
- Wool: You know you have a woolen fabric because of the thick and dense texture with the soft feel. Surprisingly a warm and comfortable fabric for those winter nights.
- Chenille: Chenille fabric would be your most noticeable fabric, as it can appear iridescent even though the fibers aren't iridescent. It is soft and will look different in one direction compared to another.
- Cotton: Cotton would be your most commonly used fabric when making any kind of bedroom linens.
- Cashmere: Is one of the softest and the most luxurious fabrics to the touch, really great for those cold nights, where you just want to snuggle up.
- Down: A down is usually a made into comforter which is perfect for all year round. It has qualities to keep you warm in the winter and cool in the warmer months.
So after you pick out the size and the fabric, all there is left for you is to go purchase your blanket. Although blankets are menant to be tucked, you can use them to drape off the sides of your bed. If you like that look, go for a bit bigger size. Last but not least, make sure you pick out the right colors to match the rest of your bedroom. Just because your blanket may not be seen by all doesnt mean your bedroom shouldn't be well decorated all the way around.