Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I care for my Pacific Coast comforter?
- How do I care for my Pacific Coast® down blanket or throw?
- How do I care for my Pacific Coast® duvet cover or sham?
- How do I care for my Pacific Coast® feather bed?
- How do I care for my Pacific Coast® pillow?
Selecting the Right Product for You
- How do I choose the right comforter?
- How do I choose the right feather bed?
- How do I choose the right pillow?
Pacific Coast products at Hotels and Inns
- How do I recreate my hotel experience at home?
- What hotels use Pacific Coast products?
- Why our hotel pillows may feel different than the hotel where I stayed?
Warranties and Guarantees
- Does my Pacific Coast® product have a warranty?
- How do I register for my product Warranty?
- What is the 30-night comfort guarantee?
- What is the Pacific Coast® 30-day allergy free warranty?
- What are the warranty details?
- How can I exchange a Pacific Coast® product?
- How do I return a Pacific Coast® product?
- What is a final sale item and can I return it?
Contacting Pacific Coast
About Pacific Coast Products
How do I care for my Pacific Coast Comforter?
Pacific Coast® comforters are easy to care for and are designed to last night after night and year after year. Here are some tips to help ensure your comforter lasts for many years:
Use a Duvet Cover: When protected by a duvet cover, your comforter will only need to be cleaned every three to five years. Also, with a duvet cover, you won't need a top sheet, blanket, or bedspread. Making your bed will be a flip and a fluff! Remove and clean your duvet cover whenever sheets are laundered.
Professionally launder your comforter every three to five years: Down actually washes well, but due to the size of comforters, we highly recommend leaving the cleaning to a professional. However, if you do choose to wash your comforter, please read below under "Washing your Comforter".
Fluff your comforter when you make your bed: By providing a steady flow of air, your down will continue to loft.
Store your comforter in a breathable bag: Avoid storing comforters in plastic bags, which may trap in moisture and cause the fill to mildew or disintegrate.
Redistribute your comforter as needed: To redistribute the fill of your comforter, lay your comforter on a flat surface and simply push the down in place with the heel of your hand and forearm.
Washing Instructions for Your Comforter
We hope that these simple guidelines help protect your investment and instruct you how to care for your comforter.
We recommend you professionally launder your bedding every 3-5 years. It is possible to wash your bedding yourself, but you may jeopardize the life of your comforter.
We are reluctant to recommend nonprofessional laundering because:
- Home washers are often too small.
- Most household washing machines have an agitator in the center, which places unnecessary stress on the comforter.
- Harsh detergents and heat can cause down to become dry and brittle and will result in the down clusters breaking.
- If the product is not dried completely, the fill may mildew or disintegrate.
- Most fabric used in natural bedding is 100% cotton and will shrink slightly when dried.
Should you still choose to wash your comforter yourself, please:
- 1. Use gentle detergents and a low heat drying cycle.
- 2. Be sure to dry the product completely for approximately 8-12 hours. Products must be dried in a machine. We do not recommend line drying.
How do I care for my Pacific Coast® down blanket or throw?
Always check the care label first, as instructions may vary:
- Wash with a mild detergent on a warm water/gentle setting.
- Dry the blanket or throw completely on a low heat setting. Any lumps or clumps of fill indicates dampness; continue to dry until you are sure there is no moisture left.
Storing your blanket or throw
When your blanket and throws are not in use, store them in breathable bags. Avoid storing them in plastic bags, which may trap in moisture and cause the fill to mildew or disintegrate.
How do I care for my Pacific Coast® duvet cover or sham?
Care and Storage
Store your duvet cover and sham in breathable bags. In addition, it is best to store out of sun to prevent fading.
Washing instructions for your duvet or sham
Depending on fabric content, washing instructions may vary. Please follow Washing instructions found on the care label.
How do I care for my Pacific Coast® feather bed?
Care and Storage of Your Feather Bed
Gently shake your new feather bed and air it out for a few hours to allow the feathers to fluff up. On a regular basis we also suggest fluffing, flipping, and rotating your feather bed. If your feather distribution becomes uneven, simply redistribute the fill by placing the feather bed on a flat surface and pushing the feathers to the desired location. To push the feathers, use the palm of your hand and your forearm.
Like a mattress, feather beds should be properly covered. To help prevent damage from spills and stains, cover your feather bed with a feather bed protector or a fitted sheet. Remove and clean the protective cover whenever sheets and other bedding are laundered.
If your feather bed becomes wet or damp, be sure to dry it completely or the fill may mildew or decompose.
Washing your feather bed
A feather bed should be treated like an extension of your mattress. Minor spills or soiling of the feather bed itself should be spot cleaned. If more extensive cleaning is required, consult a professional dry cleaner.
Your feather bed should not be laundered at home.
How to use your new feather bed.
There are many ways to place your feather bed on your mattress, it just depends on what works best for your individual needs.
- Place your feather bed directly on top of your mattress and then cover both with a fitted sheet.
- Place your feather bed directly on top of your mattress, cover both with a mattress pad and then place a fitted sheet over the mattress pad.
- Fit a mattress pad on your mattress, place your feather bed on top of the mattress pad, and then place a fitted sheet over all.
- Place a feather bed inside of a feather bed cover and place this on top of your mattress fitted with a mattress pad and fitted sheet. Sleep directly on top of your feather bed.
No matter how you make your feather bed work for you, we do recommend using a feather bed cover to help protect your new feather bed.
How do I care for my Pacific Coast® pillow?
Use a Pillow Protector
Pillows should be covered with pillow protectors in addition to decorative pillowcases. These protectors, which often have a zipper closure, provide you an additional layer between the pillow and a pillowcase.
When pillows are not in use, store them in breathable bags. Storing pillows in plastic bags will trap moisture in, which may cause the pillows to mildew or the fill to decompose.
Washing Your Pillow
If the pillow you have selected is machine washable (check the care label), please follow these easy steps:
- Wash with a mild detergent on a warm water/gentle setting.
- After the wash cycle is complete, rinse the pillow 2 additional times to rid the pillow of any soap that may still be in the pillow. Then spin the pillow two additional times to rid the pillow of excess water.
- Dry the pillow completely on a low heat setting. For pillows with internal chambers, you may need to dry the pillow for four to six hours. Between cycles, remove the pillow and hand fluff. Note that pillows may still be damp inside even when they feel dry to the touch. Any lumps or clumps of fill indicates dampness; continue to dry until you are sure there is no moisture left in your pillow.
- Between washings, the pillow can be re-fluffed on an air fluff setting in the dryer. Include a couple of clean tennis balls and a fabric softener sheet for extra fluff and a fresh smell.
How do I choose the right comforter?
Finding the comforter that is right for you is essential to a good night's sleep. One of our goals at Pacific Coast® is to help you make the right selection.
Some things to think about when choosing a comforter are desired warmth level and comforter size.
If you have further questions or need additional assistance in selection the right comforter please email us at email@example.com or call 1(888)297-1778.
How do I choose the right feather bed?
Feather beds are designed to rest on top of your mattress. The extra layer cushions and cradles your body, improving circulation and relaxing muscles.
Pacific Coast® has two feather bed constructions available; Baffle Channel and Baffle Box.
A Baffle Channel feather bed offers flexibility in feather positioning. Thus, if you have special needs (such as the desire to prop your feet slightly higher) you have the ability to shift down to the bottom of the feather bed.
A Baffle Box feather bed offers less flexibility but also requires less maintenance as the down will maintain its position within the boxed construction.
How do I choose the right pillow?
Finding the perfect pillow is essential to a good night's sleep. One of our goals at Pacific Coast® is to help you make the right selection.
Some things to think about when choosing a pillow are the position that you mainly sleep in and your approximate shoulder width or size.
If you have further questions or need additional assistance in finding the perfect pillow please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1(888)297-1778.
How do I recreate my hotel experience at home?
Many luxury hotels use Pacific Coast® comforters, feather beds and pillows.
To order these products please go to Hotel Collection Store. If you have additional questions, please contact our customer service department via email at email@example.com or phone at 1-888-297-1778.
What hotels use Pacific Coast® products?
Many premier hotels use Pacific Coast® comforters, feather beds and pillows. To find out more about which hotels use the Pacific Coast® brand, please call us at 1-888-297-1778 and choose option 4.
Why our hotel pillows may feel different than the hotel where I stayed?
In some cases, the specs of the Touch of Down pillows sold on pacificcoast.com are the same as many leading hotels. In some cases, the pillow specs may vary. In addition, there are other tricks hotels may use to keep their pillows fluffy and lasting longer. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- The Touch of Down pillow is a super standard size, 20" x 28". Some hotels will put this super standard size pillow into a standard 20" x 26" pillow protector. The 2" difference causes the pillow to plump up more.
- Some hotels will even double the protectors on each pillow to reduce the air permeability of the pillow keeping it fluffier throughout the night.
- Hotel pillows are slept on and washed regularly which accelerates the softening process. If the pillow you order doesn't feel as soft as your hotel experience, it might be that you need to wash and dry it a few times.
- Lastly, pillows are made from 100% cotton. Over time, the washing process can shrink the pillow. A pillow that seems smaller than 20" x 26" even with extra protectors, may have shrunk from excessive washings.
If you need more help, please send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does my Pacific Coast® product have a warranty?
Yes, all Pacific Coast® products carry a warranty on material and craftsmanship. Please check packaging for specific warranty information.
If you have concerns about your product's performance, please email us at email@example.com or call 1(888) 297-1778.
How do I register for my product Warranty?
Whether you purchased your Pacific Coast® product from a retailer or from our website, you can easily register online. Simply click here for Warranty Registration.
What is the 30-night comfort guarantee?
Your satisfaction is important to us. That's why we suggest you try our products for thirty nights. If they don't meet with your complete satisfaction, return them for a full product refund (less shipping and handling). We wouldn't have it any other way.
What is the Pacific Coast® 30-day allergy free warranty?
Pacific Coast® natural filled down and feather products carry a 30-day allergy free warranty.
Pacific Coast® down is the only down that has been washed using the Hyperclean washing process. This means that the down and feathers found in Pacific Coast® products have been washed and rinsed eight or more times, filtering out dust and dirt. It is the dust and dirt found in down and feathers that people are allergic to, not the down or feather itself. Hyperclean® down is four times cleaner than the down found in other comforters that merely meet government standards.
Our Hyperclean® down and feathers have been washed and rinsed with biodegradable cleaning agents we've developed over the last century. The harsh chemicals traditionally used to clean down and feathers have been replaced with highly effective but gentle down cleaners that leave the down at a neutral pH, and provide the maximum long-term strength of Hyperclean® down.
Because our down is cleaner, it is allergy free, fluffier and longer lasting that other brands.
If however, you still experience allergy symptoms, you may return the product within 30 days for a refund (shipping fees excluded).
What are the warranty details?
At Pacific Coast®, we are dedicated to making products of uncompromising quality and craftsmanship. All Pacific Coast® products come with a Limited Warranty. Click here for detailed warranty information.
How can I exchange a Pacific Coast® product?
We are no longer able to exchange merchandise. If you would like to exchange your item, please return it and then place a new order by visiting www.pacificcoast.com.
How do I return a Pacific Coast® product?
Your complete satisfaction is important to us. While we are confident you will thoroughly enjoy your Pacific Coast® product, if you are not satisfied with your purchase you can return a product for a full product refund (less shipping and handling).
- When returning a product, it is important to follow the simple steps below to ensure we receive the product back and a refund can be properly issued.
- Please complete the return slip that was included with your package. The slip will ask you why you are returning the product.
- Please use the return shipping label provided. Affix label to the return package with clear tape. For your protection, please ship via Fed Ex Ground or the United States Postal Service with proof of delivery. If your package is lost in return shipment and if it cannot be tracked, we cannot replace it.
- A full product refund (less shipping and handling) will be issued within 14 business days upon receipt of your package(s).
- Please contact our Customer Service Representatives at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding your return.
What is a final sale item and can I return it?
Final sale items are find in the clearance section and generally products that are discontinued. These items are offered at a significant discount and therefore cannot be returned. The 30-night comfort guarantee does not apply to final sale items.
How can I talk to someone about your products?
We have a small but dedicated group of employees to assist you. Whether you have questions about our products, would like to place an order, or can't find what you are looking for on our website, you can call us or email us and we will assist you.
We can be reached at 1-888-297-1778 and at email@example.com.
Where can I send feedback on your products?
We love to hear feedback from our customers, whether it be positive or negative. Our products are designed with you in mind so your feedback is essential to the ongoing development of new Pacific Coast® products.
Feedback via email or phone: We can be reached at 1-888-297-1778 and at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback via written letter: Our mailing address is 901 Yamato Road, Suite 250, Boca Raton FL, 33431.
Is this site accessible to people with disabilities?
Partially. Many pages on pacificcoast.com are accessible, but improvements are also being made. Pacificcoast.com is currently under construction to greatly increase accessibility for our prospective customers with disabilities. The steps we are taking to increase accessibility are:
- Alt and Title tags are being embedded to describe images across the site
- Alt and Title tags are being embedded to describe the details of videos across the site
- Form labels are being reviewed to ensure they convey exactly what information is needed.
Why should I buy Pacific Coast® bedding?
We take great pride in our tradition of quality and strive to ensure that you will be happy with your purchase. It is our goal to make our customers happy and satisfied. We have staff available to answer questions and assist you in choosing the product that will best suit your personal needs.
Quality bedding is an investment in a healthy lifestyle. The proper pillow and bedding will improve your health, and provide comfort and a restful night's sleep.